Sunday, March 7, 2010

Inspired....Andree Putman


Oi… I freaked out a little this weekend. After my presentation on Thursday I could not help wondering if I made a mistake to attempt a design aimed at children? Lying on the floor, attempting a few sit ups to create a ‘healthy looking me’, I found an old Elle magazine under my bed. An interview with Andree Putman, the ‘unrivalled doyenne of French design’ inspired me to lift my head up high again and continue my attempt.

I won’t bore you with the whole article but Andree basically told me: “To not dare is to have already lost. We should seek out ambitions, even unrealistic ones…. Because things only happen when we dream”
Reference: in conversation with Andree Putman. 2007. Elle Decoration. October 2007. pp 26-27.

No comments:

Post a Comment